Want to get involved? Check out the list below for some opportunities!
GEORGIA U.S. SENATE CAMPAIGN
- Internships, volunteering, phone banking
- Contact: Brighton Collins, Regional Field Director
- (770) 330-1345
GEORGIA U.S. HOUSE CAMPAIGNS
- Contact: email@example.com
GEORGIA GOVERNOR CAMPAIGN
- Contact: Hunter Spear, Northeast Georgia Field Director
GEORGIA LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR CAMPAIGN
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
GEORGIA ATTORNEY GENERAL CAMPAIGN
- Contact: Neil Bitting
GEORGIA SECRETARY OF STATE CAMPAIGN
GEORGIA COMMISSIONER OF AGRICULTURE CAMPAIGN
- Contact: Madison Dysart, Intern Coordinator
GEORGIA LABOR COMMISSIONER CAMPAIGN
- Contact: Hannah Harding
GEORGIA STATEWIDE CAMPAIGNS
- Contact: email@example.com
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER U.S. HOUSE CAMPAIGNS
Jen Kiggans (Virginia 2nd Congressional District)
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
GEORGIA U.S. HOUSE OFFICES
Rep. Andrew Clyde (GA-09)
- Internship in Rep. Clyde's DC office for Fall 2022
- Hours are flexible to accommodate students' course schedules, but generally run 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. when Congress is in session, and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when not in session
- Fill out the internship application form at https://clyde.house.gov/forms/internships/ and email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Fall 2022 Internship Application”
U.S. HOUSE COMMITTEES
House Ways and Means Committee Republican Internship Program (Fall 2022)
OTHER STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES
- GLIP participants will:
- Work directly with these Georgia General Assembly committees and offices: Speaker’s Office, Speaker Pro Tempore, President Pro Tempore, Minority Office, Ways and Means, Rules, Majority Whip, Legislative Counsel, House Media Services, and Majority Leader.
- Participate in the legislative process with a full-time internship in a standing committee of the Georgia General Assembly during the Georgia legislative session.
- Research bills or issues before the General Assembly, work with a legislative committee, monitor the progress of legislation and perform other duties as assigned by their committee.
- Receive 4 to 12 hours of pre-approved internship credit from their school or college/experiential learning.
- Earn a weekly stipend of approximately $300 a week.
- UGA’s application submission deadline is Friday, September 30, 2022 for participation in the Spring 2023 semester GLIP.
- The Washington Semester Program gives students the ability to intern full-time at an organization of their choice while still earning a full semester's worth of credit hours.
- Non-major specific, so any undergraduate currently studying at the University of Georgia can apply.
- Students take two classes taught by UGA professors in DC; students take an elective class as well as a Washington Seminar.
- Students live in Delta Hall, UGA's residence Hall in Washington, DC.
- 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average.
- At least Sophomore class standing by the term of participation.
- Good disciplinary standing.
The College Republicans at UGA do not endorse the listed campaigns or internship programs, nor the views they express. An appearance on this list reflects an effort from a campaign or internship program to provide opportunities for interested College Republicans.